MasterClass by IHI: Fixed, Few & Findable
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Time: 2:00 pm East African Time
- Dr. Hmooda Kafy (Ministry of Health, Sudan)
- Dr. Peter Dechant (DeChant Vector Solutions LLC, USA)
- Dr. Peter Dambach (Heidelberg Institute of Global Health - HIGH, Germany)
- Dr. Silas Majambere (Pan-African Mosquito Control Association - PAMCA)
Additional Experts: Drs. Prosper Chaki, Bart Knols, Emmanuel Hakizimana, Anne Wilson and Steve Lindsay.
- The Aquatic Ecology of Dominant Malaria vectors
- Historical accounts of Larval Source Management (LSM) and Malaria Control
- Epidemiological [and entomological] evidence for effectiveness of LSM
- The Triple F Dilemma: what is the potential of LSM in rural areas
- The financial and logistical concerns relevant to LSM
- LSM in the context of WHO’s Global Vector Control Response 2016-2030
- Larvicides, The Maps and The Technologies
- In-country Capabilities for Larval Source Management
- Community Engagement: should LSM campaigns be vertical, horizontal or hybrid?
- Building essential careers & leadership vector control in endemic countries
If you’d like to attend, please register in advance at this link.