CDC Call for Proposals: Global Healthcare Detection and Response
The Department of Health and Human Services from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has announced an international, five-year funding opportunity, the "Global Healthcare Detection and Response" for partners with experience in healthcare infection detection and response, and/or antibiotic and antifungal resistance across the One Health spectrum.
This funding opportunity will help the agency establish two new global CDC networks - Global Action in Healthcare Network and Global Antimicrobial Resistance Laboratory & Response Network. Working together, these new global networks will enhance detection and response to infectious disease threats globally, and implement prevention and containment strategies at local, national, and regional levels.
This Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will enhance detection and response to emerging infectious disease threats in healthcare facilities through a global collaborative network approach. The purpose of the network is to rapidly detect and actively contain emerging infectious disease threats in healthcare settings by setting targeted priority goals for prevention, including pathogens or conditions, and working collaboratively to achieve these goals through detection and response.
These objectives will be met through:
- implementing detection and response services at local, national, and regional levels;
- evaluating and continually improving implementation;
- monitoring and assessing impact;
- conducting implementation science and innovation to inform strategies;
- enhancing laboratory capacity at key participating labs;
- and actively facilitating learning to other partners in the country/region.
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above)
- Government Organizations: State governments or their bona fide agents (includes the District of Columbia),Territorial governments or their bona fide agents in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau, State controlled institutions of higher education Local governments or their bona fide agents Other Ministries of Health
- Hospitals, hospital networks
- Researchers, research networks, academics
- Laboratories (national, reference)
- Other experienced AR experts and organizations across One Health and health care
- All entities are eligible and encouraged to apply
Read more here.
Proposal deadline June 28, 2021.