TDR Call for Applications: MOOC on Implementation Research for WHO EMRO
The Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR), hosted at the World Health Organization is pleased to announce a call for applications for a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Implementation Research (IR) for countries of the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region Office (EMRO)*.
Implementation research (IR) helps design strategies or solutions to overcome bottlenecks that prevent proven and innovative public health interventions to reach the people who need them and ensure that these interventions are used in a manner that results in the outcome for which they were intended.
This free online course will introduce you to designing IR projects that make proven health interventions more widely available to people at risk of diseases of poverty. It is a step-by-step online training that will introduce you to designing and demonstrating robust IR projects. You will have access to leading world experts who will take you through the core concepts of IR, including how to:
- identify the challenges of various health settings;
- assess the appropriateness of existing strategies;
- develop new interventions and strategies by working with communities and stakeholders;
- specify your IR questions;
- and design rigorous research projects.
You will learn how to identify IR outcomes, evaluate effectiveness, and make plans to scale-up implementation.
* Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirate and Yemen.
Read more here.
Application deadline March 15, 2021. To apply, please contact: email@example.com