MasterClass by IHI: A Thousand Lives a Day
Date: Thursday, April 8, 2021
Time: 3:00 pm East African Time
- Profs. Pedro Alonso (World Health Organization, Switzerland)
- Patrick Kachur (Columbia University Medical Center, USA)
- Elizabeth Juma (Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kenya)
- Where are we? A review of past and current malaria strategies.
- Building essential health system structures for malaria control.
- Key Lessons from the COVID19 Pandemic – is Malaria still an NTD?
- Updates on malaria epidemiology and control: where are we heading?
- Vital malaria metrics: counting bites, cases and deaths.
- Balancing malaria case management and vector control in areas with different epidemiological settings.
- Essential updates on drugs, diagnostics, vaccines and vector control.
- Building essential careers and leadership malaria control in endemic countries.
- Financing for malaria control and R&D.
- The unfortunate story of 2.2 billion nets and a flat curve: can we build resilience?
If you’d like to attend, please register in advance at this link.