Massive open online course (MOOC) on Medical Entomology
This Massive open online course (MOOC) on “Medical entomology” aims at providing an understanding of medical and veterinary entomology at the university level. It will teach the role of vectors in the functioning of ecosystems and, in a lot of cases, how to interrupt the vector transmission chain. It is organized from an entomological perspective, with each session devoted to a particular taxonomic group of insects and ticks. This MOOC is taught in English. Videos are subtitled in French and English.
Classes start by May 3 and end by July 1, 2021.
- This MOOC is organized in 6 weeks of 3-6 sequences. Each sequence is composed of a 10 minutes video and a multiple choice test to help students check their understanding. The videos are in English, subtitled in French and English. All the tests are in English.
- The MOOC students are invited to actively interact with the teaching team and the other students through the forum and during live stream hangouts.
- We recommend a good scientific background in biology (such as bachelor of science).
- The MOOC is dedicated to students in biological or medical sciences, public health advisors (human and animal health), stakeholders in vector control, researchers and NGO members.
- Week 1: Introduction to medical entomology
- Week 2: Mosquitoes and Arboviruses
- Week 3: Insect vectors and Parasites
- Week 4 - Other insects and related pathogens
- Week 5: New methods and concepts to approach vector-borne diseases
- Week 6: Insect immunity, microbiome and miscellaneous
Read more here.
Registration deadline June 25, 2021.