AAS Call for Applications: AAS Affiliates 2020
The African Academy of Sciences (AAS) invites applicants to be part of the sixth cohort of Affiliates Programme.
The AAS Affiliates Programme seeks early and mid-career scientists who demonstrate excellence in their development and application of science in Africa. These individuals become ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ for a period of five years during which they receive individualized professional development support and join a wider community of science leaders on the African continent.
Why become an Affiliate?
- You will be recognized for your scientific excellence as ‘Affiliate of the AAS’ alongside The AAS Fellows;
- You will receive individualized professional development planning support;
- You will be enrolled into the AAS Mentorship Scheme during the five years;
- You will benefit from a range of career development activities including but not limited to grant writing, publishing, science communication, ethical conduct of research, intellectual property issues, collaborative research, scientific entrepreneurship, etc.
- You will join a platform for networking and collaborating among early and mid-career researchers regionally and globally;
- You will benefit from other AAS opportunities as they become available.
- Must be an African national;
- Must have obtained their PhD in the last ten years;
- Must have substantial postdoctoral research experience;
- Must be aged 40 years and below by the 31st December of that year. Individual considerations will be made for female candidates above 40 years who have had career interruptions;
- Must be residing in or affiliated with an African higher education or research institution;
- Female candidates and candidates from under-represented disciplines and countries are especially encouraged to apply.
Read more here.
Applicants deadline July 24, 2020.