MESA is an inclusive and collaborative consortium of malaria research, policy, and implementation partners dedicated to advancing the science of malaria eradication. First launched in 2012 with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), MESA is based on the concept that an optimized, funded, and evolving malaria elimination and eradication research agenda is critical for global eradication.
The main functional areas of MESA III will be:
- Knowledge management
- Communities of action
- Promoting scientific leadership in malaria endemic countries.
MESA III works to achieve these aims through:
- The MESA track system which engages key stakeholders (NMCPs, Researchers, Funders and International Organizations) and provides a snapshot about the happenings of malaria related projects all over the world.
- Identification of Knowledge gaps and setting research priorities from deep dives together with technical consultations, MPAG meetings, WHO GMP meetings and malERA Refresh.
- Facilitation of dialogue with key stakeholders on the state of research funding, the research landscape, and funding gaps.
- Provision of critical support to WHO on systematic reviews on priority topics will inform policy discussions.
- Engagement of research groups in malaria endemic countries in systematic reviews, organized events ,correspondence programs and Community of practice.
2021 Dec - 2025 Dec
Total Project Funding